Internet of Things – Connect and Transform your Business
The concept behind IoT is about bringing everything of the physical world into the digital world by enabling things to feel, think and communicate. But IoT is not just a technology, it’s an opportunity and tool to transform products, processes and whole businesses.
This course demystifies IoT and gives knowledge about common technologies, challenges, use cases and new business models, so you can exploit the countless new possibilities IoT offers. To take advantage of this evolution, a totally different way to approach challenges is required. You will learn how to think IoT and use methodologies to design, build and deploy IoT solutions.
IoT is possibly the biggest disrupter to business and society that we will experience in our lifetime. Connected sensors are embedded into all kinds of objects to deliver any sort of data with no delay. With the gained transparency, huge optimization potential and new business models are possible.
This course helps you to develop and execute your IoT-based transformation. We look at IoT from a value perspective to meet the increasing needs of customers. You will understand the technology and how it will affect your industry, but more importantly learn how to utilize IoT to transform your business, create value and monetize it.
Info & Cost
To whom this course is addressed
This 2-day Masterclass is simultaneously business and technology oriented and designed for everyone who wants to learn about IoT in the context of architecture, products, projects, strategies and business goals. If you are a manager, executive, entrepreneur, product designer or simply an IoT enthusiast, this course is right for you!
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand what’s behind Internet of Things
- Understand how it works and why the time for it is right
- Learn which areas are impacted and how our life and work will change
- Understand how IoT, existing and emerging technologies engage with each other
- Understand the challenges that come with a connected world
- Learn about cyber security, data protection and regulations concerning IoT
- Learn from real life examples and try out IoT show cases
- Learn about business opportunities and use cases in different industries, as well as focused on your industry
- Get a deep dive into hard- and software components, network technology, cloud and IoT platforms
- Learn how to approach a problem or need with IoT and find a solution
- Work on and develop new use cases and business models
- Learn how to configure and work with a selected IoT platform
- Build an application and dashboard with a selected IoT platform
- How it works and what it’s really about
- IoT Hardware and interlinked Technologies
- IoT mindset and how to leverage IoT for your Business
- Develop IoT Use Cases and new Business Models
- Tools/Methods used: Design Thinking, Creativity Techniques, Business Model Canvas, Group Work, Show Cases
- 8.30 – 9.00 Welcome Breakfast: Get to know the others
- 9.00 – 9.30 Introduction and Agenda
- 9.30 – 11.15 Lecture: IoT Essentials
- 11.15 – 11.30 Energy Break
- 11.30 – 12.00 Guest Lecture
- 12.00 – 13.00 Ecosystem Lunch: Meet the TAG Community
- 13.00 – 15.30 Lecture + Workshop: Business Opportunities, Challenges and Showcases
- 15.30 – 15.45 Energy Break
- 15.45 – 18.00 Lecture + Workshop: HW Technology Deep Dive
- Connected world and its challenges
- Network technology and security
- IoT Platform and Cloud
- Tools/Methods: Design Thinking, Creativity Techniques, Business Model Canvas, Group Work, Cloud, IoT Platform
- 8.30 – 9.00 Welcome Breakfast
- 9.00 – 9.15 Introduction and Agenda
- 9.15 – 10.45 Lecture + Workshop: Connectivity Technology Deep Dive
- 10.45 – 11.00 Energy Break
- 11.00 – 12.30 Lecture: IoT Security
- 12.30 – 13.30 Expert Lunch
- 13.30 – 15.00 Lecture + Workshop: Cloud and IoT Platforms Deep Dive
- 15.00 – 15.15 Energy Break
- 15.15 – 17.30 Workshop: Use Case Development for IoT Device and Dashboard/Application Development
- 17.30 – 18.00 Workshop: Group End Presentation
- 18.00 – 18.30 Key take-aways & Wrap up
Our instructors are experts in their field and have many years of working experience. They are not only chosen for their content knowledge, but also for their passion for teaching and their desire to share their years of work experience. They are strong believers of learning-by-doing and will never bore you with long lectures. Through interactive lectures and step-by-step tutorials, they show you how to use tools and methods and they guide you in applying them to specific real world cases.Apply Now
Meet the Faculty
Dominik is an experienced Solution- and Enterprise Architect with more than 20 years of experience in the IT / OT industry, including 10 years as Head of IT and Operation at a Real Estate Investment Group active in CEE. He is passionate about cutting edge innovations in the area of IoT technology in conjunction with the creation of new exciting business models. His interests include Digital Transformation, XaaS, Service Design and Innovation. Dominik holds a Master Degree in Business Administration (WU Executive Academy) and Software Engineering (TU Wien).
Thomas passion lies in engineering, development, creative problem solving, digitization, and innovation. His enthusiasm for creating was nourished by his studies in Mechanical Engineering and Management and his additional Diploma on Innovation at the TU Vienna. Working as a consultant at EY, he is specialized on IoT, focused on strategy, business model innovation and process optimization in context of IoT. Before his time at EY, he founded an IoT startup and led the research and development department in a solar energy company.
I think it is necessary to also embrace professionals to take a look at what's happening in the startup sector, to also take into account the innovation that’s happening right in front of us. And I think it also gives members from corporations the opportunity to engage with people from the startup scene, with people from other corporates, professionals and freelancers.
It is very inspirational. I will try to transfer this information into the company, use it as an inspiration for our employees and to start working in a different manner.
Talent Garden Vienna
Talent Garden Vienna is located in the 9th district and can be easily reached by metro lines U4 and U6 as well as various trams (5, 33, 37, 38 and D). The campus spans six floors and about 5,000m².
The campus offers modern coworking spaces, digital training through our Talent Garden Innovation School and numerous events for the innovation and tech community. Talent Garden in Austria has teamed up with startup300, an ecosystem supporting startups and innovative companies.
During this two-day Masterclass you will fully immerse into the topic of Internet of Things. The course will take place from 8:30am until 6:30pm.
Date: Monday, 25/05/2020, and Tuesday, 26/05/2020
Why choose Talent Garden Innovation School
- Modern teaching concepts
- Faculty of industry experts
- Hands-on workshops and projects
- Inspirational learning atmosphere
- Be up to date with the latest trends
- Gain a competitive advantage
- Connect with the Talent Garden Community