The working world is rapidly changing, today there are 53 million American freelancers and it is estimated that by 2020, 50% of the working force will be made up of freelancers. “On-demand” work enables people to transform a passion into a job, by having a reactive approach to the labour market and solve the obsolescence problem in terms of skills due to the on-going wait for the perfect job to come.
The coworking model perfectly adapts to all needs required by these professionals that are seeking for technological innovation, allowance and connection, flexibility and professional development. We have asked the freelancers that live in our campuses why did they chose a coworking space rather than a private office; here are their answers.
10 reasons reasons to chose a coworking space:
1. You work when and where needed: you are able to chose to work-sharing space once a week, once a month, everyday, for a couple of hours a day – whatever is best for your necessities. The contracts are flexible and they can be adapted every month corresponding to your needs. Moreover, you can work in any of Talent Garden’s campuses using the same membership, a determining benefit when moving needing to move around a lot whilst meeting various clients.
2. All inclusive fee: in a coworking space all of the duties needed to take care of in an office (connection, heating, electricity, furniture purchase, space management and cleaning services) are all included in the membership fee. It is decided beforehand without having any surprises by the end of the year. No more wasting time to pay bills, the time dedicated to work will be exclusively dedicated to what we do best.
3. Optimizing resources: thanks to the office dynamism and variation of professionals it is possible to expand or reduce the space occupied within a couple of hours, optimizing resources at their maximum.
4. Your personal non-office: the stimulating atmosphere adds up to the comfort granted by a unique space with an innovative design targeted to work, without any typical office rules, but also to relax and create a network.
5. Networking: encountering people, sharing experiences and meeting new potential clients. Sharing spaces aids the interchange of experiences and professional development.
6. Job opportunities: working in a shared spaces will enable you to get in touch with many potential clients, that visit the campuses to meet suppliers or partake in events. The opportunities multiply due to the fact that coworking spaces also ensure online exposure through profile platforms for all the professional residents and what services they offer.
7. Develop your competences: coworking spaces offers the chance to meet programmers, web developers, video makers, startups and many more professionals that can help develop your expertise in different aspects from the one you are specialized in.
8. Formation programs and conferences: are you interested in getting to know more about growth hacking, UX design or e-commerce? Or taking part in the most disruptive conferences on digital topics? In a coworking space all of this is possible: workshops and events based on what the coworkers are interested in, are regularly organized.
9. Strategic locations: the centrality of the location and the accessibility to public transport are fundamental requirements; coworking spaces open in well connected areas and easily reachable by car or by using public transport.
10. Increase in productivity and creativity: Working at home is relatively easy and convenient, but sometimes all you need is the typical buzzing background noise found in work places in order to keep you wide-awake and focused; coworking is just what you need. It has been found out that the majority of people result in being more productive in a co-working space than at home. The creation of networks, construction of competences and social relationships are what enrich expertise and personal and professional experience. The balance between working and private life will be extremely benefitted by the separation of environments.
Looking for more information on our coworking spaces? Discover the Talent Garden campus network and book a visit in the campus you are most interested in, we have spaces all over Europe!