Project Management Course
The world is changing, and so is Project Management. We have designed a course for professionals who are currently unemployed so they can get the most in-demand skills on the job market. You will learn how to plan, structure and lead successful projects using the newest tools and methodologies.
Along with the essentials of Project Management, you will also discover how to manage remote teams, lead digital projects and the ins and outs of Product Management. Discover if you are eligible to participate free of cost in the details below remembering you must have an education level lower than a professional education or a shorter vocational education.
This Project Management course (AU i ledelse) is approved as a 6-week job-oriented training program on the nationwide positivliste under occupational group “Ledelse” with educational code 37518.
What is Project Management and what does a Project Manager do?
A project manager is a professional who successfully starts, plans, designs, executes, monitors, controls and closes projects, both big and small. They manage and coordinate teams keeping them motivated, removing roadblocks and allocating resources.
It is also an essential part of a project management role to assess risks, put out fires and keep track of milestones and the project’s status to manage expectations from stakeholders while ensuring transparency and excellent communication.
Are Project Management jobs in demand?
According to the Project Management Institute (PMI®), Project Management jobs are expected to grow globally by 33%, meaning 22 million new jobs. It’s also a multi-industry role from IT to oil and gas, finance and insurance, manufacturing, construction and utility industries, Project Managers are needed everywhere.
It offers great opportunities for career advancement. From an entry-level position to a highly specialized role, you have the opportunity to scale your career with Project Management skills, leading to more responsibilities. It’s also a vital skillset, whether you are employed or self-employed. Successful startup CEOs need to be excellent project managers.
Info & Cost
No Ordinary Education
“Everything that has been said is actionable and valuable”
Watch the video to hear what some of our former students have to say about their experiences at Talent Garden Rainmaking.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who are currently unemployed with an education level lower than a professional education or a shorter vocational education, providing them with opportunities to acquire highly requested skillsets. It’s free of cost if you fulfil the criteria for a 6-week job-oriented training program. Please, check the detailed requirements to participate and the application process below on the page.
- You are interested in a career entry to Project Management
- You want to add Project Management skills to your resumé
- You need Project Management skills to start your own company
Find out how to become a Project Manager
The Project Management module is an academic subject with 10 ECTS credits and is obtained from the academy program in management. The module is offered on behalf of the Københavns Erhvervsakademi, KEA, under the Open Education Act. The module is concluded with an exam.
During 6 weeks, you will learn the fundamentals of Project Management, as well as the latest tools to help you become a Project Manager in a digital world.
*Modules are subject to change.
Digital Project Management
Learn how to lead successful projects digitally, using the newest tools and methodologies. Lead remote, cross-functional teams in an efficient way.
Leading innovative projects
Learn how to lead innovation projects that create lasting value. Set up cross-functional teams, manage uncertainty, foster a “fail faster” mentality and become risk avert without killing creativity.
Learn the basics of Product Management and get the skills needed to lead a product to greatness; from idea and concept, to development, testing and commercialization.
Choosing methods that work
Learn methodologies like Design Thinking and Lean Startup to lead projects that are truly agile in practice. Choose the right methodology for your particular project and mix and match to get a tailored solution.
The role of the Project Manager
Learn what is expected of you as a Project Manager and how to thrive in your role, getting to know common pitfalls and how to avoid them. Work on skills like leadership, communication and risk management.
User-Centred Project Management
Great Project Management puts the “user” (i.e. the customer) in focus, and builds projects that anticipate and solve real needs. Learn to use Design Thinking methodology to empathize with your customer and lead projects where you solve the right problem in collaboration with your customer
Scoping a project
Learn to prioritize your customers’ needs and set objectives for your project (S.M.A.R.T. and C.L.E.A.R.). Create a project statement and a Work Breakdown Schedule (WBS).
Become a master planner
Estimate deliverables and due dates, determine the ratio between quality, time and cost, and prepare for trade-offs between the three. What are you willing to compromise on? What is a no-go? Learn how to set milestones in sprints and get introduced to planning tools like Gantt.
Building and managing a winning team
Learn how to build a cross-functional team, how to identify and work with (and not against) your team members’ strengths and weaknesses, and how to manage a remote team digitally. Assess the skills you need for your project; select the right team, host a successful kickoff and set delivery dates for the members.
Identify the main risks for your project, develop strategies for how to mitigate them and create a risk management plan for your stakeholders and team members.
Become a great communicator. Design a communication plan for your stakeholders and your team, in order to keep all channels transparent and open. Communication is key in all relationships and your project is not an exception.
Monitor and Close your project
Keep track of your project with the right tools. Monitor your budget, stay focused on the milestones and create progress reports to keep everyone on the same page. Debrief with your team and end the project successfully with all stakeholders.
KEA – Copenhagen School of Design and Technology – develops and offers practical and business-oriented higher education at Bachelor (BA) and Academy Professional (AP) levels. It has close cooperation with the business community and educational institutions both in Denmark and abroad. KEA is also a knowledge centre for public and private-sector enterprises.
Requirements to participate
The Project Management course (AU i ledelse) is approved as a 6-week job-oriented training program on the nationwide positivliste under occupational group “Ledelse” with educational code 37518. If you fulfil the requirements, you have the right to get the course funded through your A-kasse. Many of our students have also been funded through their Jobcenters.
Funding through your A-kasse:
- You may start the course when you have been unemployed for 5 weeks, if:
- You have a High School diploma, eg. HTX, STX and HHX or similar.
- You have a professional education, eg. hairdresser, chef, welder.
- You have a short (max 2 years) higher education and professional education (simultaneously).
- You have been unemployed for a maximum of 9 months (if you are + 25 years old), and max 6 months (if you are – 25 years old).
- You have at least 2 years of related practical and/or professional experience.
Funding through the Jobcenter:
- Even if you do not fulfil the requirements of the A-kasse, you have good possibilities to receive funding through your Jobcenter.
- You have at least 2 years of related practical and/or professional experience.
If you are unsure about the entry requirements and where you fit in, please don’t hesitate to fill in the form, and we will get back to you shortly
How to apply?
If you have decided that you want to join our course, do must do the following steps to register:
If you fulfill the criteria for A-kasse:
- Apply to the course by filling in the form above. This is completely unbinding.
- You will receive an email from us where we ask you to send us your diplomas.
- We will then send you an AR237 form partially filled-out by KEA.
- Fill out the remainder of the form, then send it to your A-kasse.
- Once your A-kasse has approved you, we will get a confirmation from them and send you a welcome email closer to the start date.
- At this point, you are enrolled and can begin your new adventure!
If you DO NOT fulfill the criteria for A-kasse:
- Apply by filling in the form above. This is completely unbinding.
- You will then receive an email from us with a brochure which you can print out.
- At this point, you need to contact the caseworker at your jobcenter and present the course to them. It is your caseworker who decides if they will fund the course for you.
- They will then send the payment promise to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we have received a confirmation from KEA, you are registered in the course.
- We will then contact you with a welcome email closer to the start date.
- You are now enrolled and can begin your new adventure!
We look forward to having you join us!Apply now
Head of Learning
Anna Cappi has +15 years of experience managing projects within different sectors, ranging from education to innovation and arts. She holds a PhD from Lund University and has been a lecturer at Paris VII and various business schools in Sweden, France and Denmark. Empathy, energy and experience are her key words when facilitating.
A very well prepared course, with knowledgeable instructors. This course has a good mix of theory and hands-on training and it is possible to attend no matter at what knowledge level you are - I had a great experience.
Ibrahim Kamstrup-Akkaoui, VP, Novo Nordisk
We got bombarded with interesting, relevant and up to date materials. I will definitely use takeaways from this course to implement in the company's marketing strategy.
Stéphane Le Borne, Digital Product Designer, AWE.dk
I thought I would go home with a few things to try out, but ended up with a whole book of new ideas to try out.
Jacob Oredson, Partner & Founder at Copenhagen Venture Exchange
Remote Learning & Talent Garden Rainmaking
The course will be taught using a blended approach combining remote and in person learning activities. Talent Garden Rainmaking, our campus at Holmen in Copenhagen, is a community of 350 local entrepreneurs and tech professionals from more than 60 different companies.
September 20 – October 29 | 2021
November 1 – December 10 | 2021
weeks of full immersion
hours of teaching sessions
entrepreneurs to get inspiration from
opportunities to apply your knowledge
Dive deeper into the world of Project Management
Project Management jobs are expected to grow globally by 33%, meaning 22 million new jobs. It’s also a multi-industry role, Project Managers are needed everywhere.
Anna Cappi, course director and primary teacher of our Project Management course, shares how project management has evolved, what has changed as the world becomes more digitalised and what project managers will face in a post-COVID world.
There are many more tools out there for hungry project managers, eager to optimise their workflows. These seven are the best way to get acquainted with project management software and can be combined with each other for optimal, super-tailored results.
The value of the Talent Garden ecosystem
- Get access to our global community of 4,500 innovators including freelancers, startups, agencies, entrepreneurs and students spread across our 18 campuses in Europe.
- A network of experts and companies from all industries
- Exclusive informal events with guest speakers
- Entry into our exclusive alumni community, a dedicated Slack channel, live events and constant updates on new professional opportunities
- Access to a dynamic and stimulating campus with over 350 digital talents
- Entry to all events and workshops exclusively dedicated to Talent Garden community
- The possibility of participating in national hackathons and other challenges with preferential access
- All discounts and benefits reserved for the Talent Garden members including the use of our internal community platform
- The opportunity to obtain a desk within the campus with a discounted price