Business Data Analysis Bootcamp Part Time
This Part Time Bootcamp in Business Data Analysis aims to train professionals to use the enormous amounts of data that result from the use of new technologies on 6 weekends. It enables them to obtain valuable information to make strategic and operational decisions for the management and competitiveness of companies. The Bootcamp offers professionals who wish to update or upgrade their careers an intensive training program with a high learning curve.
Data is everywhere and it is becoming increasingly important. After 6 weekends you will be able to navigate through millions of data, identify and present data in a simple and effective way to solve a problem or facilitate a seemingly complex decision. As a Business Data Analyst you know specific tools for analyzing data, you use the collected insights to steer your company’s strategy and you present the analysis of the data to stakeholders through data visualization and the use of dashboards. Finally, you will be able to evaluate and organize a data lake structure and use the tools for data governance.
Infos & Costs
Who is it for?
The Bootcamp is reserved for a maximum of 20 professionals who want to add data analysis to their business skills. The course is aimed at those who want to use data effectively to define more precise business strategies. Ideally, participants will have several years of experience in sales, marketing, management, product or analysis, but this is not a prerequisite. What they need is a great passion for numbers, data, technology and digitization, with a serious intention to dive into data analysis.
Business Data Analysis is the right course for you if you
- are a Sales Manager who is interested in defining more targeted sales and performance management plans
- are a Marketing Manager who wants to monitor and analyze past marketing campaigns in order to plan new, more effective campaigns
- are a Product Manager who wants to define new products that take advantage of opportunities hidden in business data
- are an Analyst who wants to strengthen the skills in the area of application and data governance
- come from a different field and you would like to add data analysis to your professional skills
The 6 Weekends prepare you for a Future Career in Data Analysis
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Know the analysis of business data in detail
- Read and interpret data & transform data findings into use cases
- Handle data through the use of specific tools
- Visualize business insights, communicate them effectively and in correlation with business requirements
- Use the collected findings as a basis for effective strategies, e.g. data-driven management
- Use SQL and electronic sheets to connect, manage and analyze data
- Present data analysis to stakeholders through data visualization criteria and the use of dashboards
- Understand how a business data analyst impacts the strategic decisions that are critical to your business
- Develop new data-driven business models
- Know how to evaluate a data lake project and its implications for business activities
Introduction, Use Cases & Industry Requirements
After the first module, you will know the terms, principles, norms, standards & industry requirements of usability. You will understand the importance of data-driven approaches and business data analysis between innovation and business and understand how “data handling” affects entire business ecosystems and corporate structures.
Ad Hoc Data Analytics
In the second module you will learn how to approach ad hoc data analysis, i.e. any business report or data analysis that is curated and created by users whenever they need it. Ad-hoc analysis in Business Intelligence is in stark contrast to the managed reports from the early days of business analytics, which were based on templates distributed by IT and business departments.
The third module teaches how Business Intelligence (BI) is the key driver in many aspects for most companies in today’s world. It is a technology-driven process for analyzing data and presenting actionable information that not only helps executives, managers and other end users make informed business decisions, but also drives the analysis of business data as a fact-finding component in many ways.
After this module you will know how data analysis works, i.e. the science of examining raw data with a specific goal in mind in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations for action. The topic of Data Analytics is used in many companies and different industries. You will learn how to verify or falsify models and hypotheses based on data. With the advent of data analysis software in companies, the term analytics has become more and more common. It is used to collect information from data to support decisions in a company (at different levels).
In this module you will learn how data environments and the journey of a data set work from start to finish. Usually, once the data has been entered into the system, it is ready to be imported into a database. From here, the data set can be analyzed over time and across different locations. This module demonstrates and teaches how to aggregate data and create indicators to drive business. In this way, the database acts as a central repository, often representing an environment such as “Data Warehouse (DWH)” or “Data Lakes” within companies.
Data Governance & Best Practices
The last module covers the overall management of the availability, usability, integrity and security of data used in an organization in connection with data analysis. It provides business considerations to combine and recapitulate previous modules. The module will show how business data analysts with a holistic knowledge base can drive and lead data-driven digitisation and innovation in SMEs, but also in large companies.
Strategic Business Intelligence & Analytics Lead, Lufthansa Group AG
Alin Kalam has studied Computer Science & Astrophysics. During his professional career he helped several large international companies in the industrial and financial sector to master the challenges of data-driven digitization/automation. Since 2018, he has been working as “Strategic Business Intelligence & Analytics Lead” at Lufthansa Group AG and has been instrumental in shaping the orientation of the “Hub Carrier”. In his previous position as Head of Digitization at BAWAG Group AG, he was responsible for the “Big Data Office” department, which implemented use cases throughout the grroup. Alin is an enthusiastic technology evangelist, speaks at international conferences and teaches as an external lecturer at universities. In addition to his professional career, he is an activist in the “Union of European Federalists” and co-founder of various NGO initiatives such as “Banglakid” & “USPT”, which are committed to the education of street children from Southeast Asia.
Girls in Tech
Are you a woman who loves the world of data?
We want to make our contribution to have more female brains in the world of data analysis, so the Women in Tech Discount is reserved for all female students who wish to participate in this Bootcamp: As a woman, you are entitled to a discount of €400 that is cumulative with all active offers.
We believe in personal merit and reward it!
Together with our partner companies, we offer 3 full scholarships* to reward real talent who want to become digital professionals.
To apply for a scholarship, the application process must be completed by February 28, 2020. You will receive the case study briefing by March 2 and must submit it two weeks later, on March 16.
During the official Scholarship Award Ceremony on March 23, 2020, you will be informed whether or not you will be granted the scholarship. Besides that, the event is the perfect opportunity to get to know your future classmates.
*700,- EUR enrolment fee apply to scholarship holders
The Loan that believes in your Talent
No one should miss out on great opportunities – especially when it is education! This is why we have teamed up with Bank Austria to provide you a student loan with special conditions. This way, you don’t have to worry about finances during the course and you simply start paying back when you have a job!
If you’d like to receive more info on our student loans, please contact us directly: email@example.com
In only 12 weeks I had gained all the hard skills and soft skills to give me a real edge in my career as a junior digital professional. I feel like the Talent Garden Innovation School is so different and special because they really give importance and pay attention to the students and our professional growth.
Giulia, Talent Garden Innovation School Alumna
The weeks at Talent Garden Innovation School were super intense: theoretical and practical lessons, the realization of a group project with a partner company and a personal project that I worked night and day on in the last two weeks. But they have also been amazing weeks: night-time dinners, organized events on campus and foosball matches during breaks. I also had the opportunity to
experience a trip experience: 5 days of full immersion, useful for getting to know important international companies and improving my skills in the field. I can't even count how many cool people I met during this journey.
Tommaso, Talent Garden Innovation School Alumnus
A perspective on the education that I wouldn’t otherwise get. Maybe I can also cooperate with Talent Garden or with some of the companies that we got to know here to actually become more professional in the way we are doing things.
Innovative spaces, the rooms, the people, and the whole information that gets transferred. I think it’s a really really good approach for people in our creative industry to get to know a lot of different things and new technologies.
It’s a perfect combination of so many aspects that provides a lot of chances for young people, especially students or newcomers in this whole working world. It is just the right thing for people who love challenges.
Talent Garden Vienna
Talent Garden Vienna is located in the 9th district and can be easily reached by metro lines U4 and U6 as well as various trams (5, 33, 37, 38 and D). The campus spans six floors and about 5,000m².
The campus offers modern coworking spaces, digital training through our Talent Garden Innovation School and numerous events for the innovation and tech community. Talent Garden in Austria has teamed up with startup300, an ecosystem supporting startups and innovative companies.
Become a Business Data Analysis Expert within 6 weekends of intensive studying! The Bootcamp will take place on FRI, 15:00-20:00 and SAT, 9:00-18:00.
April 17 & 18, 2020
April 24 & 25, 2020
May 8 & 9, 2020
May 15 & 16, 2020
June 5 & 6, 2020
June 19 & 20, 2020
Why choose Talent Garden Innovation School
- 6 weekends of practical training that provides the skills currently required in the job market
- A network of experts and companies from the industry
- Application of the learned content in different projects
- Exclusive informal evening events with guest speakers
- High-quality learning material (articles, studies, podcasts, videos, etc.) selected by industry experts
- Access to the exclusive alumni community, a dedicated Slack channel, live events and constant updates on new career opportunities
- Networking opportunities with our leading partner companies to meet possible future employers
- Access to our dynamic and stimulating coworking campus with over 450 digital talents and innovators
- A café at your disposal within the campus
- Access to all events and workshops dedicated exclusively to the Talent Garden community
- Free participation in the Graduation Day
- The opportunity to participate in national hackathons and other challenges with preferential access
- All discounts and benefits reserved for Talent Garden members, including the use of our internal community platform
- The possibility to get a workspace within the campus at a reduced price