Number of freelancers is rapidly increasing worldwide. In Europe it’s estimated to reach nearly 60% of the workforce by 2020 (Forbes). To help those who have recently joined this lifestyle, we made a comprehensive list of all the top freelancing platforms so that you can quickly and easily identify the best choices for your sort of work. Here are 8 platforms to look at:
- Freelancer. The name explains almost everything: it’s the biggest web site for freelancers. You can find both small creative jobs, like business cards for 20$, and middle-term ones, like website development.
- Freelance. Yeah, well, whoever came up with this name clearly didn’t have much of an imagination.. Anyways, if you’re looking for a job in the IT field, there are over 15k offers. I’m sure one of them fit well for you.
- Elance. You know that moment when an idea comes to your mind, but all the smart SEO names are already taken and you manage to be the best one in your field anyway? On Elance you can find more than 120k offers posted in the last 30 days.
- UpWork. Former oDesk. On this platform you can find both single freelancers and jobs for entire teams. Companies and startups could hire their happy remote workers from wherever in the world.
- PeoplePerHour. Ok, well, the design is not so charming, in fact the majority of freelancers are designers. Coincidence? Maybe not. Anyway, as the name suggests, the salary is per hour and is proposed by the freelancers.
- Guru. More than 4100 job postings in one web site. You only get paid for completed jobs, so your customer has to be satisfied. So make sure you do your very best!
- Behance. It’s principally dedicated to US and UK market, but it’s also for remote work. So if you prefer to work in a coworking space and not in a boring office with the rest of the team, this could be a good option for you.
- Talent Garden (TAG). Well, that’s not web site but rather a physical platform, a coworking space and so much more. In TAG spaces people and companies can connect and new opportunities are born every day. So close your laptop, grab a cup of coffee in our relax area and have a chat with some of your neighboring co workers. Who knows where the next job lies.