Location: Dublin, Ireland
Type: Full Time
Level: 2 – 5 years
Talent Garden is the place where digital and technology professionals work, learn and connect.
Talent Garden is Europe’s largest digital networking and professional training platform for digital innovation. Today Talent Garden has 23 campuses in 8 countries (Albania, Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Spain) hosting thousands of talented people, including startups, freelancers, companies and large corporations.
Talent Garden’s mission is to create local, vibrant, globally connected campuses that empower digital & tech communities.
Talent Garden was founded with the aim of creating an ecosystem that would connect, support and grow the best startups and communities in technological and digital arenas and contribute to the professional development of future global innovators.
Talent Garden hosts over 3,500 innovators including freelancers, startups, agencies, entrepreneurs, investors, students and companies of all sizes. Open 24 hours a day, Talent Garden campuses offer workstations, meeting rooms, training rooms, laboratories, fablabs – everything that innovators need to succeed.
At Talent Garden we have different skills and passions but one vision drives us: we all believe in work-life balance, innovation, share a love for digital and believe that like-minded people, growing in one ‘garden’ can help each other succeed.
Right now we are looking for you – a full time Community Manager who can take care of the newest Talent Garden campus in Dublin. This person will have the great responsibility to overview the entire campus community, sales, event activities and daily operations related to the 400 campus members.
As a Talent Garden community manager you are:
– Amazing at making people feel welcome & happy. You work everyday to create a great atmosphere among our community.
– Ninja at responding to requests and troubleshooting. You analyze members needs and act accordingly to find the best possible solution.
– The soul of the space: you develop a collaborative work environment and foster members’ interactions through formal and informal activities. You engage members and external communities through various networking and matchmaking activities.
– Ready to assist all the external clients and their request for services, especially in the organization of
– Creative, proactive and not afraid to get your hands dirty!
As a Talent Garden community manager you will:
– Have set sales goals to maintain 100% coworking space occupancy.
– Manage all the incoming sales requests, offers and members onboarding.
– Manage all the incoming sales requests for events and support external clients in the logistics organization of their events.
– Convert new membership and event leads and hold meetings with customers.
– Update and manage the local CRM database.
– Take responsibility of the community feeling within the campus and assist and support members with day-to-day issues.
– Implement all Talent Garden’s practices and community management methodologies.
– Organise various community activities and events.
– As the main contact person for the members, external communities, clients and partners of Talent Garden campus.
– Contribute with your ideas and solutions to the local and global team.
– A natural feel for ‘customer obsession’ and a good sense of hospitality. You love working with people and have experience in a customer-facing role.
– Great sales and communication skills.
– Analytical approach.
– You have to believe in what you do. Talent Garden aims to build the biggest community of talented innovators in the digital sector, accelerating their growth by providing services and amplifying their impact by connecting them locally and worldwide.
– You have to be proactive. Not knowing things causes less trouble than not having a will to learn them. Here we fail, ask, learn, experiment and grow all together.
– You have to think as an entrepreneur. We offer you freedom to create something amazing in a ready space: filling it with like-minded people, fostering innovative work-life culture and helping their businesses blossom.
– Knowledge of the local digital/entrepreneurial ecosystem is a plus.
Join the team, apply by sending your CV to email@example.com