UX and Graphic Design Course (Brugervenlighed og Grafisk Design)
The world of today is user-centric, meaning that the customer – the person using a product or service – is the one to keep in mind during the design process. In this course, you will learn to understand your users – their behaviour, pain points and motivations – to be able to design successful, frictionless and joyful experiences for them, whether it is websites, apps or even services.
Along with the essentials of UX and Graphic Design, you will also discover how to run a design sprint, conduct user research, usability testing and more.. Discover if you are eligible to participate free of cost in the details below.
This UX and Graphic Design course (Brugervenlighed og Grafisk Design) (Academy Profession Degree in Information & Communication Technology) is approved as a 6-week job-oriented training program on the nationwide positivliste under occupational group “Information & Communication Technology” with educational code 37542.
Who is a UX Designer and what does a UX Designer do?
A UX Designer is a professional who successfully creates great user experiences for customers. They know their users and work alongside them – through research and continuous testing – to create experiences that give the desired result.
Are UX jobs in demand?
The UX job market has grown over 70 % in the last year and it is showing no signs of slowing down.
It offers great opportunities for career advancement. From an entry-level position to a highly specialized role, you have the opportunity to scale your career with UX skills, leading to more responsibilities. It’s also a vital skill set for anyone who has dreamt of having their own website, app or e-commerce.
Info & Cost
No Ordinary Education
«Everything that has been said is actionable and valuable»
Watch the video to hear what some of our former students have to say about their experiences at Talent Garden Rainmaking.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for people who are currently unemployed, providing them with opportunities to acquire highly requested skillsets. It’s free of cost if you fulfil the criteria for a 6-week job-oriented training program. Please, check the detailed requirements to participate and the application process below on the page.
- You are interested in a career entry to UX and Graphic Design
- You want to add UX and Graphic Design skills to your resumé
- You need UX skills to create your own webpage, app or e-commerce
Find out how to become a UX Designer
This UX and Graphic Design course (Academy Profession Degree in Information & Communication Technology) is approved as a 6-week job-oriented training program on the nationwide positivliste under occupational group “Information & Communication Technology” with educational code 37542. The module is offered on behalf of the Københavns Erhvervsakademi, KEA, under the Open Education Act. The module is concluded with an exam. The course gives 10 ECTS points.
During 6 weeks, you will learn the fundamentals of UX and Graphic Design, as well as the latest tools to help you kickstart a career in UX Design.
Learn to go through the steps of a Design sprint, from understanding the problems your users are experiencing, to empathising with your users to decide exactly what problem to solve, to ideating for solutions, choosing one to prototype and finally testing it and iterating the entire process to make it even better.
UX Design Process
Learn how to think in a user centric manner. Understand the difference between UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) and how to use frameworks like user journeys and personas, pain points, user stories and more.
User Psychology and Behavioural Design
Understand why consumers do as they do. How do we get to know our users better and test the behavioral design of our target audience? You will also learn about nudging and how it is used in an ethical manner.
Learn how to carry out user research and report findings. Get to know your users, their needs and challenges using surveys and interviews. Ask the right questions using techniques like “The Mom Test”, and learn to analyze the results of your research.
Map user journeys and experience maps, create information architecture to group information in a more logical way and learn the fundamentals of usability and A/B testing – remotely and in person – to validate assumptions and test products directly with users before spending time and financial resources on coding.
Web Design and Web Page Development
Learn to create and design a user-friendly website using a CMS by implementing your learnings in both UX and UI design.
Aesthetic Principles for Graphic Design
Learn graphic design related to user experience and user interface, including an introduction to color theory, formal elements of interface design and the application of design standards.
Learn to integrate platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn with your website/app.
Building your UX Portfolio
You will learn why you need a design portfolio, what you should include in your portfolio and get hands-on tips on how to start building your portfolio.
KEA – Copenhagen School of Design and Technology – develops and offers practical and business-oriented higher education at Bachelor (BA) and Academy Professional (AP) levels. It has close cooperation with the business community and educational institutions both in Denmark and abroad. KEA is also a knowledge centre for public and private-sector enterprises.
Requirements to participate
This UX and Graphic Design course (Academy Profession Degree in Information & Communication Technology) is approved as a 6-week job-oriented training program on the nationwide positivliste under occupational group “Information & Communication Technology” with educational code 37542. If you fulfill the requirements, you have the right to get the course funded through your A-kasse. Many of our students have also been funded through their Jobcenters.
Funding through your A-kasse:
- You may start the course when you have been unemployed for 5 weeks, if:
- You have a High School diploma, eg. HTX, STX and HHX or similar.
- You have a professional education, eg. hairdresser, chef, welder.
- You have a short (max 2 years) higher education and a professional education (simultaneously).
- You have been unemployed for a maximum of 9 months (if you are + 25 years old), and max 6 months (if you are – 25 years old).
- You have 2 years relevant work experience
Funding through the Jobcentre:
- Even if you do not fulfill the requirements of the A-kasse, you have good possibilities to receive funding through your Jobcenter.
If you are unsure about the entry requirements and where you fit in, please don’t hesitate to fill in the form, and we will get back to you shortly.
How to apply?
If you have decided that you want to join our course, do must do the following steps to register:
If you fulfill the criteria for A-kasse:
- Apply to the course by filling in the form above. This is completely unbinding.
- You will receive an email from us where we ask you to send us your diplomas.
- We will then send you an AR237 form partially filled-out by KEA.
- Fill out the remainder of the form, then send it to your A-kasse.
- Once your A-kasse has approved you, we will get a confirmation from them and send you a welcome email closer to the start date.
- At this point, you are enrolled and can begin your new adventure!
If you DO NOT fulfill the criteria for A-kasse:
- Apply by filling in the form above. This is completely unbinding.
- You will then receive an email from us with a brochure which you can print out.
- At this point, you need to contact the caseworker at your jobcenter and present the course to them. It is your caseworker who decides if they will fund the course for you.
- They will then send the payment promise to email@example.com.
- Once we have received a confirmation from KEA, you are registered in the course.
- We will then contact you with a welcome email closer to the start date.
- You are now enrolled and can begin your new adventure!
We look forward to having you join us!Apply now
Head of Learning
Anna Cappi has +15 years of experience managing projects within different sectors, ranging from education to innovation and arts. She holds a PhD from Lund University and has been a lecturer at Paris VII and various business schools in Sweden, France and Denmark. Empathy, energy and experience are her key words when facilitating.
A very well prepared course, with knowledgeable instructors. This course has a good mix of theory and hands-on training and it is possible to attend no matter at what knowledge level you are - I had a great experience.
Ibrahim Kamstrup-Akkaoui, VP, Novo Nordisk
We got bombarded with interesting, relevant and up to date materials. I will definitely use takeaways from this course to implement in the company's marketing strategy.
Stéphane Le Borne, Digital Product Designer, AWE.dk
I thought I would go home with a few things to try out, but ended up with a whole book of new ideas to try out.
Jacob Oredson, Partner & Founder at Copenhagen Venture Exchange
Remote Learning & Talent Garden Rainmaking
The course will be taught using a blended approach combining remote and in person learning activities. Talent Garden Rainmaking, our campus at Holmen in Copenhagen, is a community of 350 local entrepreneurs and tech professionals from more than 60 different companies.
September 21 – November 1 | 2021
November 3 – December 14 | 2021
weeks of full immersion
hours of teaching sessions
entrepreneurs to get inspiration from
opportunities to apply your knowledge
Dive deeper into the world of UX Design
The profession of a UX Designer has quickly become one of the most sought-after positions in the world of technology. We have some essential information you need to successfully launch your career into the world of UX Designers.
Learn more about why UX Design is a fundamental element to creating websites and digital content, infographics, videos and news, that are made to offer a pleasant and effective digital journey for the user.
The value of the Talent Garden ecosystem
- Get access to our global community of 4,500 innovators including freelancers, startups, agencies, entrepreneurs and students spread across our 18 campuses in Europe.
- A network of experts and companies from all industries
- Exclusive informal events with guest speakers
- Entry into our exclusive alumni community, a dedicated Slack channel, live events and constant updates on new professional opportunities
- Access to a dynamic and stimulating campus with over 350 digital talents
- Entry to all events and workshops exclusively dedicated to Talent Garden community
- The possibility of participating in national hackathons and other challenges with preferential access
- All discounts and benefits reserved for the Talent Garden members including the use of our internal community platform
- The opportunity to obtain a desk within the campus with a discounted price